I have a problem. I can't drink a whole water bottle. Sure, I can get to mostly the very end, but that last little gulp I just can't drink. It's because I hate craning my neck back too far. Kirk makes fun of me for this, and rolls his eyes whenever I hand him an almost-finished water bottle. But why go through the effort for this tiny bit of water? I don't see the point. So, I will continue to give him the last gulp.
Being married is amazing. You get to be with this person that you love so much, day in and day out. I mean, how great is that? To be with your best friend 24/7. Super cool. But there are some things in marriage that are quite sobering. I think before I got married, I never truly grew up. I know some people grow up earlier and without getting married, but I think I was kind of just in training. I had some really great training--some "welcome to life, kid" training--but I don't think I truly realized what needs to be involved in adulthood until I got married this past August. There are so many things to think about: In-laws, kids, jobs, education, what being a wife really means, how to divy up chores, etc.
The cool thing is, you don't have to be alone when dealing with all that. You've got your best friend there by your side. Learning and appreciating that is something I'm still trying to do. Sometimes I still get into the mentality of "it's my life...why bore him with what homework or tests I have?" But then I have to remember that he does care and it's not just my life. It's our life. You live 21 years having it be just "yours" and then it turns into "ours."
Pretty cool.
I don't really know how the water bottles thing relates to the being married thing. I think both were just on my mind. :)
4 comments:
so whats up with the in laws? I agree, marriage is cool....and my husband better care about all the non sensical things that I ramble about because the MEAN something to me, so they mean something to him. The water bottle thing is funny....i eat the center of the cookie and pass my hubby the edge b/c its crunchy and i don't want to waste the calories on something that isn't as good.
Hehe, I was just rambling about the new stuff that I've had in my life since I got married. I am a big fan of my in laws. :)
That's funny about the way you eat cookies. I love the crunchy part. So hey, if ever you and I are sharing a cookie, we will be good to go!
I don't have a husband to help me out with that neck craning thing, which is why I just drink tap water. Also, the tap water where I live is choice.
Haha, "Because I love driving it. It is so choice."
Post a Comment