This morning I woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground. In fact, it is still snowing right now. I know I love having the sun and being able to wear shorts, but there's something so peaceful about the silence of snow. I am still looking forward to Spring but this is a nice change...as long as it doesn't last forever.
Jenni's bridal shower went well. We played the typical games, including wrapping Jenni in toilet paper to make a new wedding dress. I personally think that she needs to use that dress on her wedding day, but she felt a little differently...:) Also, I interviewed her fiancee (and my friend from high school) Bret and video taped it. He of course, was very random in his answers but it made it really fun. It was nice to see some old friends from marching band. I miss going and hanging out with them, but I kind of feel like I've come to a different stage in my life, and I would kind of be pushing against the grain of where my life is going if I went back to march. I feel like I had a good run with it--six years!
I've decided to go on a sweets fast for a week. This isn't a "I'm getting so fat thing" or anything, I'm just really really sick of sugar. Kirk and I have lots of Easter candy and cookies (we got Girl Scout cookies!) and I've just been eating it cuz it's there. It doesn't even taste all that great anymore. Plus I have been feeling very sluggish because of all the sweets. So, I think I'll stay away just so I can de-tox a bit.
Today I'm attempting to cook a roast. I've never done it before, so wish me luck!
4 comments:
One of my sister's raw foodie friends says that if you don't eat any refined sugar that it completely changes your personality.
I don't know if that's true, and I doubt I'll ever find out because honestly avoiding refined sugar in this day in age would be nigh impossible.
Haha, I remember when you were talking about that...you were going to try to do that but were worried about what your personality would be.
Me avoiding sugar has involved eating a tiny bit of sugar, I'll admit. But way way less than I have been.
i am starting a "no sweets during the week" and moderation on the weekend. I've done it before and it really isn't that bad. You wanna join? I just need to cleanse my system and the extra pounds I've recently packed on...
Kristen that is a great idea! Maybe I'll join you.
Post a Comment