So we had a great time in Rexburg. We got to town about 7:30 at night (I made sure we packed in the morning before school so we could leave right after classes--if you've seen me pack, you know why) which wasn't too bad. We chatted with Steph and Chris for a little while and dropped off our stuff. Steph and I have always clicked really well and we're the kind of friends that even if we don't talk for a couple of months, we can end up talking for hours when we see each other again. :)
We called Sara and decided where to go to eat: Winger's. I've never been there (even though there's one at the mall nearby where we live) but Chris was very adamant about it's awesomeness. I must admit, I liked it. Then we all went back to Steph and Chris's place to watch that movie about stealing the answers to the SAT. I don't remember the name...anyway it was pretty dumb but the Asian dude who was high all the time was pretty funny.Then we took Sara back to her dorm (her curfew is 1:00 am on Fridays) and collapsed onto our air mattress.
Sara came up with the idea to go visit our grandparents' graves, since they both are really close to Rexburg. What I've always admired about Sara is how thoughtful she is--she is a very giving person. :) So we headed over to visit the graves. Those who know me best know that I am TERRIBLE at directions. I can find my way to places all right, but give me a north/south/east/west direction, or estimate the mileage and I am a gonner. So every time we had to call my dad for directions in the farmlands of Teton or downtown Sugar City, I simply handed the phone over to Kirk. (I distinctly remember my friend braiding my hair in class when I was supposed to be learning about directions in the 2nd grade...I blame my inability to handle directions on that distraction). We eventually found the graves, and that was really nice to spend some time thinking about our grandparents.
We went out to eat at Craigo's (reaaaally good pizza) and then went back to Sara's apartment to chill around while our bloated stomachs digested the soo good food. AFter that, we went to a concert for Love You Long Time. Kirk actually grew up with Sally, one of the members of the band. It was funny to see her reaction when we came up to her...they hadn't seen each other since they were like 12 or something. Anyway they are a really funky band that actually Kim and Russell introduced me to, and really fun to watch. They even have these groupies in Rexburg--it's hilarious.
Sunday morning Steph, Chris, Kirk and I made crepes and sat around talking for hours. Sara was invited, but the lazy bum wanted to sleep in until noon so she refused. ;) Also, Steph made these cute Easter bags (brown paper bags decorated with our names and stuff) filled with candy. So sweet! It was nice to get some Easter candy. :) We went to church with Sara, Steph and Chris, and then had to bid goodbye. I really wish Sara lived closer! She might be going to UVU for the fall (*crosses fingers*) so then she would be in Provo. Hopefully!
The drive home back was really nice. I love having Kirk's undivided attention, and we had a really really good talk. I definitely can say that I've married my best friend!
2 comments:
That was such a fun trip! I think I would enjoy going on more road trips with that pleasant Rachel girl. Sweet concert, good food and plenty of driving through the wild land of Idaho! I especially enjoyed the food at the pizza buffet place called Craigo's, it was greasy goodness!
Pleasant?? :)
Post a Comment