Thursday, April 30, 2009

So far in Belgium

I flew in yesterday morning, extremely tired because I didn't sleep very long on the plane, and I barely slept the night before. I was great at staying up though (thanks to my mom's agenda for the day) and I didn't go to bed until 9:30 that night!

Yesterday I:

-Went out to lunch with my mom at Jummi (prounounced "Yummy"). It's this cute cafe in Overjise that is owned by a woman who closes down in the middle of the day to pick up her kids from school. I wish I had taken pictures, but if you've been in Ikea, you have a pretty good idea of what the furniture looked like.

-Hiked through the gorgeous forest with my mom. Took some cool pictures, but forgot to bring my camera cord so I'll show those later. It's SUPER green in Belgium right now. I love it.

-Played Super Paper Mario later in the evening so that I could stay awake. It actually really helped!



Today I:

-Slept in until 11:30 (woops!!). Didn't mean to sleep in that long, but I'm pretty much cured of my jet lag, so I can fully enjoy the rest of my trip.


-Headed over to Antwerp today. Saw the cool the cathedral there and had some frites (Belgian fries). Tried to find the fashion district but the GPS on my mom's car was messed up and we had to head home anyway, so...we did. :)




-Took some more fun pictures. I'm trying to be more proactive at photographing and being a little more artsy. No way I'm a photographer, but who says I can't mess around with a camera? ;)


Tomorrow I:

-Am headed to Amsterdam with the fam! It's the Belgian labor day so my siblings and dad have the day off. We'll be back on Saturday. I'm excited to add another country to my list.
Reminder: Those who know and love Kirk, make sure to wish him good luck on the MCAT. He's taking it this Saturday!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh, love the photos! :) And Super Paper Mario... on the Wii? I have it! It's super fun! Have you learned to flip yet? lol

So, whatcha doing in Europe anyhow? I'm jealous!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I forgot you were headed across the pond! Eat some yummy waffles for me!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

also if you see any cute little girl outfits for Alyssa or Cali, I'd love something "european" and I'll pay you back. That fashion district sounds fun...