Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nothing life altering has happened in our lives in the past week, but I'll give the highlights:

-Kirk and I went to the Premed Banquet on Friday. He is technically a member, but he hasn't been able to go to the meetings because his MCAT prep course has been on the same day. The banquet was nice though. Good food (for free), good speaker (President Samuelson), but no dessert. So went to McDonald's and got ice cream afterwards.

-I got fingerprinted for my new job. The guy doing the fingerprints told me he had to do my toes too. I was about ready to take off my boots when he revealed that he was just kidding. He had such a straight face that I had thought he was dead serious. PLUS we were at the police station. When they ask you to do something, you do it.

-I cleaned a lot on Saturday to get ready for my family to see my house. Sad to say, it didn't look a ton different...but that's okay. I had "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" playing in the background for the first part of cleaning, and then "Bride and Prejudice." Sara made me mac and cheese. It was nice.

-Easter was great. I didn't make an Easter basket for Kirk (although I thought about it) because we were fasting, and I thought that that would just be mean to give the candy to him when he couldn't eat it. Plus, the candy would be around my house while I still was at home more than he was. I would be the one eating all of it. Yummy, but no thanks.

-My family is here!! They flew in on Saturday night. We had Easter dinner with them on Sunday at my aunt's house. So nice to see them. :) I'm looking forward to seeing my in-laws as well.

-Movie that I have watched recently and loved it: Slumdog Millionare. I normally don't watch rated R movies, but this was better than a lot of PG-13 movies, sad to say.

That's all folks!

3 comments:

Carol Winegar said...

I'm glad you had a Happy Easter!

J & J said...

sounds like you've had a good week! i would've totally taken off my boots too. you don't mess with cops.

Unknown said...

so you are for sure a dork...i can't believe you fell for the toes. but that's why we love you!