Saturday, April 25, 2009

Graduation is Done!!

Pictures to follow, but I am done with both Commencement and Convocations exercises. Even though I graduated four months ago, it was nice to go through the ceremony and really celebrate. :) 

Not only that, my mom decided to walk as well. She graduated in August 2007, but that just happened to be the month that Kirk and I got married so she didn't walk. It was so fun to to do the Processional between the ASB and the Marriot Center with her. 

I also loved that my father-in-law and grandma-in-law came into to town for the ceremonies. My father-in-law lives in NIGERIA, so it's not like  it was a short plane ride to get over to Utah. In fact, he flew into Salt Lake at 2 am the day of Commencement exercises!! I've decided I've married into a great family. My sister-in-law called me to wish me congrats on graduation, and my mother-in-law came into town and saw Kirk and I before her huge American Mothers' Convention. They are awesome. 

Thanks to everyone for celebrating with me for graduation. And congrats to those fellow bloggers graduating now: Monica, Jenna, and Kimmy! :) 



5 comments:

Aitherrios said...

Congrats!!!!!!! Cant wait to see pictures!

Unknown said...

Oh hurray, Rachel!!! :-D I feel like I'll never be done. Congratulations!!!!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

yay! so fun to walk with your mom, I didn't realize that.

fafner said...

Congratulations!!

Christina said...

Your mom is so cute. I guess I should have congratulated her on her own graduation as well!