It's just one of those days...those days where you can't help but laugh at all the crazy stuff that is happening, and then realize that you kind of want to cry. One of those days where you try to print your paper for a class you're already late for, and then the printer isn't working. Or you walk all across campus for a single class because parking isn't available except out in the boonies. Or you go to the doctor, knowing what is wrong with you but you still have to be referred to another doctor.
I have been trying to figure out how to be a teacher for over a year now. I finally found the person that I should have gone to all along (only to find that out after talking to five different people) and I get questioned. Why did I not decide to be teacher earlier? Why now? Is this a fall back plan because I can't figure out anything else to do?
How do you respectfully say to this person: I was an idiot!!!!!! I want to be a teacher, I truly do. How do you say that you are an indecisive twit who hasn't been able to decide what to do with your life. When you finally decide, you find that you a) should've done it a looong time ago and b) you wonder if it's really what you should do, because it will add a whole year and half to your schooling, making you a 6th year senior.
This questioning individual stated: If I had really wanted to be a teacher, I would have chosen it in the beginning. How are we supposed to know at the beginning what we want to do? I took the road less traveled...or I simply was a bit slower than my fellow colleagues who have a plan and stick to it.
I know this blog is not read by others often, but it still is comforting to ramble about this stuff anyway.
2 comments:
I think graduating in 4 years is the road less traveled... not the other way around. It's more common that students change their major 948 times before it "sticks"... I know I did. I hope your day gets better :)
Oh man.. by the time I graduate, if I ever do, I'm sure I'll be 30. I wish I could do it sooner!
And why did she think that you should have decided earlier? Hardly anyone keeps their original major.. gosh. :)
Post a Comment