Friday, April 29, 2011

Our front yard

So I know it's silly to take these pics because they don't do justice to the three hours of intense labor that Laura, Kirk and I did. The front beds were full of dead/dying plants and ugly dirt. So we put new dirt, mulch, and pretty plants in the front yard. I was GIDDY after we did all this! I should have taken pics of what it looked like before, but oh well.

This is my favorite bed. I wish I had my sis-in-law Kristen around, because she would take gorgeous pics of all this, but  oh well. You get the picture (ha ha ha). We planted different colors of impatiens and the grass. 

This bed was the UGLIEST before. It had a couple of bushes that just looked like dead sticks sticking out of the ground. Gross. So we did the grass and the three azalea bushes. They are Encore azaleas, so they bloom three times a year! Yay! 

My house. Just in case you were wondering what it looked like. 

More impatiens and grass for picture above and below. 

8 comments:

Leslee said...

Looks great! That is exciting to get all that done!

Unknown said...

jealous. yep, i am. your house is super pretty and i love the yard. yard work is like my favorite. jealous.

Armstrong Family! said...

Great job!!! :) So excited for you

Unknown said...

Rach, everything looks wonderful and your house is. so. cute. I love it. :)

fafner said...

That looks awesome! I hope the Houston summer is kind to your hard work because I want to see it in all it's glory in July!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I WAS wondering what your house looked like! Way to do some yar work!

kathy said...

That is impressive! I actually hate yard work because it takes forever. But yours looks great. :)

erin said...

what a cute house!