Sunday, April 3, 2011
General Conference
what i DID get out of it, however, was that i need to serve more. friday morning was a pretty low point for me. i was sick and miserable, and for some reason i began to have suicidal thoughts. NOTE: i am not suicidal. i'm fine, i promise. but i was letting myself get pretty low. all i kept thinking and praying was "man i wish someone would just come rescue me."
ya know distracted me from being so depressed? well, partly kirk coming home with flowers, chocolate, and diet A&W root beer. :) but mostly it was my sweet daughter. when she got up from her nap, i had to focus on someone other than my miserable self. i had to serve. it didn't instantly pull me out of my depression, but slowly it helped. and honestly, i couldn't help but laugh through my tears as she grinned at me and crawled around the house, chasing the cat.
no one had to come and save me because she was there, waiting to be served...and that service rescued me.
so that's my General Conference resolution. to follow the example of all y'all (because i know all the readers of this private blog volunteer, are raising kids, being great friends, and are doing so many other things to help others) and try serve more.
the end. happy sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm sorry you've been so miserable--and I hope you feel better soon! I know how depressing it can be when your body lets you down. Sometimes when I'm sick, I even forget what it's like to feel well. But I'm glad you have a sweet girl to help pull you out of it!
Uh sorry you were so miserable! I wish I would have know, I would have brought Sydney over to play here!! Being sick is the worst especially when you have someone else to take care of.
what was wrong missy? why did you not call me? well i am glad you worked through it. i'm sorry you had to have those feelings but (as stupid as this sounds) sometimes we need to feel really down in order to appreciate feeling the ups. love you!
Post a Comment