Yesterday when I got my haircut, I finally got THE questions. The questions that every LDS married couple is bound to get. Honestly I had felt a little left out because a lot of my friends had gotten asked...why not me? Well now I've arrived!
Hairdresser: So how long have you been married?
Me: Almost two years. It'll be two years in August.
Hairdresser: Awww, that's cool. Do you have any kids?
Me: Nope, no kids.
Hairdresser: No kids?? Not even one?
Me: (Thinking that "no kids" would imply not even one, but whatever) Nope, not even one.
Hairdresser: Why? Do you not want kids?
Me: No, I want kids...(Awkward pause)
Don't get me wrong, I loved this hairdresser (did awesome things with my hair, and was super nice) but this segment of the convo was...interesting.
Just so y'all know, I really like and want kids. This girl ain't no baby hater just cuz her eggo ain't preggo. :)
In other news, I'm starting my new job tomorrow! Sooooo excited to be finally working.
6 comments:
lol awesome. I loved your last sentence. :) Next time, just tell them you're not ready. You know, 2 years is still an okay time to not have kids. My sister in law didn't get pregnant for 5 year. My mother in law thought she was going to have to do some intervening. lol
Personally, I hated when people would ask me personal question like that. Love you!
i so do NOT miss that aspect of utah. geez, u r such a sinner for not being preggo by now!! ;)
hair cutting peoples have to make small talk some how :)
oh my gosh. i hate that crap. i'm not pregnant either, so there! and i've been married for OVER two years!
"her eggo ain't preggo" that is some funny stuff. It baffles me that some people are so invasive. I'm glad you now feel included with others who have been probed.
That's pretty crazy... maybe next time someone asks something like that you should have a little fun with them and give some kind of crazy answer. some people are so nosy.
Do we get to see a pic of your new hair?
Post a Comment