Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fun Stuff

So I started my job at Farm Bureau Financial Services last week. Hence, the lack of blogging. Honestly I love my job, but you can't really blog about it. Y'all don't want to hear about check transmittals or running policy quotes for agents. Thank goodness I've been TRAINING this whole time, or I would be really lost.



Other than my new job, Kirk and I have new callings in our ward. We have been working in the nursery since September (watching kids 18 months-3 years old) and we have LOVED it. We really grew to love these kids. It was especially good for Kirk because he's the youngest, so learning how to tend young children, even if only for a short time, is always good for a potential father.

Anywayz, our new callings are *dadadadadadadadadadada* (that's a drum roll):

2nd Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency (that's me)
Assistant Clerk (that's Kirk)

Kirk is basically in charge of the finances in the ward. And I'm...well working with girls from 12-18. We only have about 4 girls, but it'll still be fun!

That's about it. Peace out y'all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!! How fun!! I've always wanted to be in YW.

fafner said...

I like their icon, but it doesn't look like an FB. Well, okay, I can see the B. Where's the F though? That's an upside down L at best.

Glad you're liking the new job though! Now you'll have the funds to visit me! (Would be something someone self-involved would say...)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I didn't realize you were in a family ward, and the nursury does sound fun for a couple like you who doesn't have kids yet. But YW is the best! You'll love it and be so great for them!