Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun Weekend in Idaho!

Above: Kirk's new shoes. Below: My new shoes. Total for both: $50. Oh yeeeeah. We got them at the Boise Outlet mall. We both needed new work-out shoes. Maybe this will give me more of an incentive to get to the gym! It's been hard to get into it since I've started working. 

These two pics are of us at Dierkes Lake, attempting to use the timer on my camera. We went swimming there for like...5 minutes because it was freezing! But we laid out in the sun for a while too and enjoyed the sun. Soo nice.

Below: Us in front of Shoshone Falls. 


This is Kirk with only one lens in his glasses (the left). When we were at the falls, his lens just popped out randomly. We thought it was hilarious. 
My man. : )
Beautiful rainbow at Shoshone Falls! 

Snake River Canyon (below) 


Okay, see this picture below of the bridge?? People jump off it and parachute down. Yikes! The picture above is of someone that is parachuting. CRAZY. 

We didn't take any pictures of Boise, but it was a lot of fun to hang out there too. We rode our bikes by the Boise River and relaxed. I loved going with Kirk to his mission. He was so proud to show it off to me, it was adorable! 

Now it's back to the grinding stone tomorrow. Thank goodness I like my job. :) I hope everyone else had an awesome Memorial Day Weekend! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time, Rach!! :-D That's crazy about the jumpers. Oh my gosh- I'd be so scared. haha That's nuts.

I wish I could go back with Chris to his mission ... but he said he never wants to take me because the country is so gross and dirty. Not too safe, apparently. That's so nice you guys can go back. :)

Vanessa said...

i love the picture of you and kirk laughing. priceless.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I'm so glad you got to go check out his mission. I bet he had fun showing you around town. I love that rainbow falls pictures...email me the full res. copy and I want to play with it! What a steal on the shoes! I also like the laughing shot and that is really funny about his glasses.