Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Because I just wanted to.




In honor of James Joyce and Virginia Woolf, the masters of stream-of-consciousness literature, I am going to attempt to write for four minutes using solely stream-of-consciousness writing. Ready, set, go!

Kirk is playing Zelda right now. Zelda looks like Robin Hood. I liked Robin Hood as a child. I always liked the romantic part with Maid Marian and Robin Hood in the forest. I wanted to be Maid Marian. How to you spell her name? I always spell it wrong. Another word I always spell wrong is definitely. I probably spelled it wrong there too. I hear the clock ticking. That makes me think of a Gilmore Girls episode where Kirk (not my Kirk, Kirk on the show) makes a movie where he tries to date this girl and he is sitting there rather awkwardly with the parents and teh clock just keeps on ticking. Tick, tick, tick. I don't like tics. Ticks? Tics? I don't know. I haven't gone camping since I was in highschool. I remember I met up my family after I picked up my prom dress. It was blue with flowers on it. I like flowers. Daisies are my favorite flower. I like daisies because of You've Got Mail, where Meg Ryan says "aren't daisies the happiest flower?" I like Meg Ryan. I have never watched Sleepless in Seattle. I know, i'm not a true girl. I have, however, seen While You Were Sleeping. There is a Mannheim Steamroller song in the soundtrack of that movie. I love them! Growing up I always listened to their Christmas cd. I remember Kim and I, sophomore year, bought both cd's and listened to them a lot.

The end.

p.s. It bothers me that there are typo's in this paragraph, but I feel like if I correct them it would diminish the stream-of-consciousness...feel. Also, I know that my paragraph was not even close to examining the inner mind of the character (aka "me"), but I still thought it'd be fun to try.

5 comments:

fafner said...

I like your literary experiment! It also makes me not want to point out that I believe the quote is: "aren't daisies the friendliest flower?" I also love that movie.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unknown said...

Cute! I liked it! :)

I've never seen Sleepless in Seattle either. Oh and "definitely" was spelled right. ;)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that was fun...I couldn't stand "kirk" on gilmore girls...he totally bugged me.

J & J said...

this is fabulous. do you know that daisies are also my favorite flower? i'll see you on tuesday! i'm so behind!!

Christina said...

I'm glad to know that anyone will sound sort of insane when trying to write stream-of-consciousness style. I keep meaning to get a Mannheim Steamroller CD. I need some Fresh Aire Christmas. Also, James Joyce was totally doing a sexy pose in that picture. It's kinda creepy and really funny.

I think that I might always write in stream-of-consciousness style....:/