Monday, September 29, 2008

Learning the arts of triage


Kirk has started to use this word whenever he or I need to prioritize: "triage." Honestly, I never knew what that word meant, and I really thought that it was just a weird medical term that he learned in one of his science classes. No, no. Apparently EVERYONE uses this word! My teachers, random people on tv...I wonder what else people have been saying that has gone completely over my head.

Anyway, for the first time in my college career, I am not turning in a paper. Actually, I don't think I've EVER not turned in a paper. This is a first. I've decided that I can risk getting a B in this religion class I'm taking, because it is a) 2 credit hours and b) not in any way associated with my major. This class has it set up so that you can turn in a certain number of papers and he tells you what grade you'll get and everything. I actually might be able to even pull an A- if I do all the rest of the papers.

This may seem silly to blog about, but I am a huge perfectionist. This semester is the semester to learn about triage. Sometimes you need to prioritize and not everything gets done. (Believe me, I didn't waste time all weekend).

Now it's time to do the real important stuff.


No comments: