After eating breakfast, Kirk and I simply enjoyed our morning and headed off to our anniversary get-away in the early afternoon. Kirk was able to hold out for a long time in letting me know where we were going, but then he needed my navigation skillz (haha) so he revealed that we were going to a bed and breakfast called The Robin's Nest in the museum district of Houston. I was so excited!
We first stopped at a place called Katz's for lunch, where I got a delicious hot dog. I think I'm kind of obsessed with them...Then we went over to our Bed and Breakfast. After dropping off our bags, Kirk took me to the Butterfly Exhibit at the Museum of Natural Science. I'm pretty sure I took more pictures of the butterflies than Kirk and I, but that's okay. :) After that, we hit up Half Price Books (Kirk's favorite store...hehe) and then ate at a classy restaurant called Michaelangelo's. It was pretty fitting that we ate a an Italian restuarant on our anniversary, since we went to Italy on our belated honeymoon.
The restaurant was so cool. It actually was built around a tree, (click on the infamous live tree link) so there is this huge tree in the middle of the place! It was very romantic, once Kirk and I got over the tense driving in our huge truck through the itsy bitsy downtown streets. After the restaurant, we actually drove over to Walgreen's to get some ice cream sandwiches (we have some very expensive tastes, I know ;) ) and ate them while watching Beauty and the Beast back at the B&B on our laptop.
The next day we only had time to do a little bit, since we had to head back home to pack up our truck and head to Utah. So, we decided to go to the Museum of Fine Arts (one of my favorite places to go) and had a relaxing couple of hours there.
All in all, I would say the anniversary turned out pretty great! Sorry there aren't more pics...
2 comments:
Oh Rachel! It sounds like you had such a wonderful time!! :-D Congrats on your anniversary! :-D
You are telling me that Beauty and the Beast was the movie of choice on a night out? Come on, now. Sounds like a fun adventure, cute little place downtown and I'd love to try the restraunt.
Post a Comment