Sunday, April 13, 2008

No worries, I'm sane now. For the moment...


So the stress is going down a bit, thank goodness. Probably the biggest thing that was a pressing concern was my research paper, but that is finished and turned in. Yesssss.

So in other news, Sara is visiting us for a week because she is completely done with classes. Our living room looks like a war zone right now with all of her stuff, but no worries. It's really fun to have her here. :) I made her a birthday cake because it was her birthday on Thursday, and we have been steadily eating it. This was actually my very first time to make a cake, because I'm more of a cookie maker. The box gave great directions and only adding three ingredients besides the mix, made it pretty simple. I think I can safely say I can tackle ANY cake mix from now on. ;) The frosting did pose as a challenge for me, it all turned out great and it is delicious. Go Betty Crocker!

Also, Kirk and I went to the first annual Traditions Ball at the Hinckley Center. It is a beautiful building and it was so fun to go on a "date date" with Kirky. Plus, I love dressing up. They had a live band there, yummy Italian appetizers, and to top it all off, it was a beautiful night. It is finally starting to warm up here, which is amazing!!














1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I wish I knew about that ball... I've been wanting to get dressed up fancy with Rodney!! That must have been super fun :)