Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but honestly not too much has been happening. Just lots of job searches and playing with my friends!
I do have a funny story to share today though. It has four characters: Rachel, Kirk, a toilet and a snake. No, not the thing that slithers on the ground. It's the thing you stick in toilets. Can you see where I'm going with this? WARNING: There might be too much information in the story for some people. But for those that are curious, read on . . .
So our toilet started acting weird on Sunday. Kirk, being the noble man he is and slightly lazy, decided to hold off going to the bathroom until he got on campus the next day. (Can I please insert here that that probably isn't too healthy???) Anyway, Rachel, being the health-conscious individual/one who couldn't hold it, went. Kirk is a very patient man, but he was a little miffed that his wife went into the toilet that doesn't work. Rachel apologized, but truthfully wasn't too sorry because she REALLY had to go. Plus the toilet was still slightly flushing. It would be fine.
So Kirk and Rachel go about their daily activities the next day. Rachel goes shopping, Kirk goes to school. Rachel is a little spacey because she is still sick, so despite the fact there is a bathroom at the place where she was shopping, she still decides to go at home. She doesn't realize that she shouldn't be doing this until after . . . you know. It's a little late. And guess what? Overflow time. Gross, nasty overflow. Rachel thinks "Crap. My husband is going to kill me."
Rachel picks up Kirk from school. She waits until the perfect moment (when he's perfectly happy) to reveal what happened. After apologizing several times, Rachel convinces Kirk that she will take care of it. Here comes the snake into the picture. Kirk and Rachel borrow a snake from their good friends. Kirk says that he will do the dirty business because he's stronger. Rachel protests for a second, and then nobly steps aside.
Kirk stands there, snaking a cord through the nasty toilet, wearing Rachel's pink gloves that she uses for cleaning, and says, "Rachel, this proves that I love you. This is true love. It's not the chocolate or the flowers or the romantic dinners. It is me cleaning out a toilet that is full of your--" Well. You know.
My husband and I have got it. True love.
4 comments:
oh i could tell you so many stories. what a good husband, kirk. don't worry. two days ago, mel told me to call him by his first name. no more professor thorne. weeeird.
haha oh man. I love this! :-D Thank you for sharing Rachel. :)
What a sweet husband Kirk is. I can't wait to see you guys! Well... you mostly, seeing as Kirk doesn't really remember me. hehe
That story is both gross and cute.
thats pretty funny--what a man!
Post a Comment