Monday, January 5, 2009

Interesting Birthday

Another year older? Yes. Another year wiser? Perhaps.

I've never really liked my birthday being so close to Christmas time. People just seem to be tired out from the holiday festivities. I remember joking with my mom about wanting to lie to people about my birthday...tell them that it's in the middle of the summer or something. My grandma lied for years and years about her birthday because she didn't want people to know that she was older than my grandpa. :)

Kirk, Sara, and I got home (after traveling for 24 hours) late last night, so I kind of spend today hanging out and relaxing. That was nice. I played with Arwen a bit. She's gotten a little bigger in the last couple of weeks. She's adorable!

I was supposed to have Indian food with some friends tonight and maybe have cake with my sister, but the snow kind of prevented that. Traffic was crazy--it took about 30 minutes to drive back from campus today.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and love. I don't think my loved ones know just how much they mean to me.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

When is your birthday exactly? I'm sorry I missed it! Happy Birthday! My birthday is Dec 4 but it's far enough away that I still was able to not have Birthday/Christmas confusion. But my brother's birthday is ON Christmas. Luckily though, he's never had that problem. :) We celebrate Christmas in the morning and his birthday in the evening.

Oh gosh... written too much. Happy birthday! lol

Unknown said...

ohhh Rachel. Please come live in California! I need you here!!!

Rachel said...

Awww, why? Are things still driving you crazy with your sister?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I am the WO"RST! how did I not realize it was your birthday? i'm so sorry. be watching for something in the mail...

Unknown said...

Yes, but that's not why I want you here. Come and be my friend HERE. Not my far away friend THERE. :)

Rachel said...

Aww, I know!! Well miss Emily was SUPPOSED to come to Utah...;)

Rachel said...

Haha, no worries Kristen!

Unknown said...

Oooooh I know... sorry... :)

kathy said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! And congrats on graduating. I saw (other)Rachel and she told me. That is so exciting. :)