Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bad blogger

So I've decided that I'm not the best blogger in the world (especially compared to some friends and family members) but that's okay. I will embrace the person I am and get over it eventually....Hehe.

Last week Kirk and I had a blast. We spent Wednesday through Sunday with his f
amily at a lake house his parents rented for the week at Canyon Lake. It was so great to spend more time with his side of the family, and I think for the first time I truly felt...well, a part of it. It's not like I felt like an outsider before or anything (his family has alway been very welcoming, and I am truly grateful for that), but it was during this week that it all felt natural. 

Family dynamics have always been really interesting to me. Your position and your role in the family really affects who you become. Adjusting to being married to the youngest, and not filling the role of the oldest (which has been a big part of who I am), has been a really eye-opening experience. I'm honestly grateful that I married the yo
ungest--I am looking at family dynamics from an entirely different viewpoint. 

For instance, because of this different viewpoint I feel like I am getting a lot closer to Joseph, the youngest in my family. I guess I'm kind of seeing what it feels to be like him. I've also realized  how important it is to have a good relationship with a sibling even if there is an 8 year gap between you. I really hope that despite the age gaps and the huge mileage gap between Utah and Belgium, I stay close to both Lis and Joseph.

Anyway, besides the epiphanies on family dynamics, we had a lot of fun this past week boating, water skiing, wake boarding, going to the circus, playing games, and all the other fun random stuff that happens at a family reunion. Unfortu
netely, I took zero pictures, but hopefully I can get some from the fam and post some later on.

On a not-so-fun note, Kirk and I have been pretty sick this week. I don't know WHAT we got, but I have been pretty sick since Sunday, with body aches and a stuffy head. And Kirk has pink eye! Actually, it is technically called conjunctivitis, which Kirk likes to say to sound like a nerd, and his mom simply calls it "an eye infection." Whatever you want to call it, Kirk's eye is pink and I drove him to work today because he is blinded by sunlight. Kind of funny...we always joke that he's a vampire. Maybe it's becoming true...

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't think you're a bad blogger.... of course thats coming from me, a very bad blogger. ehh. I guess everyone has their priorities.