Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Honeymoon Part II

Below is a view of the Duomo dome from the inside. Very beautiful...but not worth it for me.
This crazy pic of me below is why it was NOT worth it. Kirk and I were climbing up the stairs, and he asked me if I was all right. I said "Yeah, why?" Kirk said, "Well I thought you would get pretty claustrophobic on these stairs." Well, I guess being reminded that this was a really tight space with no windows was not a good idea...especially as the line of people in front of me completely stopped. I was trapped! I started to really panic and let's just say the rest of the climb was not so fun. The picture below is me trying to play it off like it did not bother me. :) Kirk is so great though...he kept me distracted and didn't get embarassed that his wife was having a panic attack.
Above is the beautiful view of Florence from the top of the Duomo. This was taken by Kirk while I struggled not to throw up.



Beautiful Tuscany! These are still in Florence.





Below: now we move on to Venice!

Above: I was unable to capture just how many pigeons were in St. Mark's Square. They were so used to tourists (Venice has been a tourist town forever anyway) that if you put a little food in your hand, they would hop right on and eat away. Tourists loved to take pics with birds on the head, arms, etc. I tried to get Kirk to do it, but he wouldn't. Something about disease or something...;)
This is the Bridge of Sighs the connects the Doge's (Duke's) palace on the right, to the prisons on the left. It was called the Bridge was Sighs because this was the prisoners' last look at Venice before they headed to the oh-so-lavish prisons.


Kirk wanted to take me on a romantic dinner date in Venice, so I picked out this place. It was so small (only about 4 or 5 tables) but had amazing food. It was also right next to a small canal (notice the gondoliers on the right with their cute outfits)! Kirk and I did NOT take a gondola ride. They were really really expensive, but that's okay.

Venice. *sigh*



Next we go to Rome! Now I promise, we spent a lot of time at the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica. And they were amazing...we just didn't end up taking too many pics because there was wall-to-wall people. Also, in the best places (like the Sistine Chapel) you're not supposed to take pictures anyway. The School of Athens.
This is what Kirk looked like much of the trip: his nose deep in the Rick Steve's Italy book. :)
The Laocoon Group. Kirk and I love this sculpture.


The Colosseum!!!!!

Below: Trevi Fountain. This was soooo packed!



Below: The Pantheon!






Okay I'm done for Part II. No worries, Part III is not very long...I am just done with posting for at least the next hour!

1 comment:

fafner said...

I know I'd already seen these, but I'm glad you posted them anyway. Isn't blogging fun?!

Also, that's one heck of a duomo!