After finals (relatively successful, with the normal stresses and this time, no all-nighter!!) Kirk and I had a full day of the Miller wedding. Bret has been my good friend since high school and Kirk's friend since elementary school. I've talked about Jenni in my blog before. She and I met our first day of band camp. We were both scared freshman with no friends, and we had a lunch break. I said, "Hey, my best friend's name back home is Jennifer. It's destined that we be friends." She said, "Hey, my best friend's name back home STARTS with an 'R.' We should be friends." That folks, I kid you not, is how we began our friendship. :) Now, four years later, she gets married to Bret and I am her maid-of-honor. (Technically, I am matron-of-honor but I think that makes me sound like I'm 70 years old).
We got to go to the actual sealing, which was an awesome experience. We rode up with another one of my marching band friends, Jessie. She recently got married as well, so it was nice to get to know her husband Ryan. At the ceremony, I actually started tearing up a bit, and Kirk (who bawled during our wedding, by the way) retorted with, "WHAT? You didn't cry at OUR wedding but you cry at theirs??" I replied that I was just so happy, I was beyond tears when I married him. Haha, he seemed appeased after I said that.
Before and after the wedding, Kirk and I took the whole week to pack up things/take finals. We are FOREVER grateful for our friends Carol and Jeremy, who helped us with moving our stuff to the storage unit/pack things into boxes. It was kind of fun to send the men off to move stuff into the storage unit while Carol and I chatted...I mean packed boxes. :) Hehe, here is a pic of us packing up. We tried to get a good shot of our blackened hands (black from all the newspaper we were using).
After the packing, we took a two-and-a-half day road trip down to Texas, where we will be living for the summer. It was a fun and tiring trip.
Next post: ITALY TRIP!!
2 comments:
first of all...your hair is SO cute...second of all, wow your friends are tall and meant for each other. You and kirk look a little like midgets next to brett. third of all...what IS up with you not crying at your own wedding, but do at a friends? Kidding:) Can't wait to see about italy.
Yay! I can't wait to hear about Italy . . . Steve told me you loved it!
Post a Comment