Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm a nerd, and proud of it


growing up, i was into reading the classics, historical fiction, and fantasy. as i went into high school and became an adult, i shied away from fantasy because it reminded me of how was in junior high (when i really liked it): a little pudgy, with poofy hair and braces. :p

well i have decided to embrace the fact that i like fantasy. it may not be sophisticated or what not, but i LOVE it. not all fantasy, mind you. most is pretty corny and not very well-written. but sometimes, you'll find a gem.

i've been watching Legend of the Seeker on netflix. we don't have cable, so i look for things that are on instant play for netflix. this show is based on the series by Terry Goodkind: The Sword of Truth.

i am not ashamed to admit that i want Richard and Kahlan to get together.

and i desperately want to defeat Darken Rahl.


1 comment:

fafner said...

The heart wants what it wants. It's good to embrace what you like! I remember I used to really like this Mary Stewart series that was all about Arthurian legends. That's the only fantasy I remember getting really into, but they were awesome when I was in middle school!

And we all had braces and poofy hair. I think that's why we were friends.