So it looks like Kirk and I are going to be moving to Galveston, Texas this summer!! He was accepted to Texas A&M, TCOM (the osteopathic school in Fort Worth, Texas) and UT Galveston. (These are all medical schools by the way). The match system for Texas is convoluted and extremely confusing, but basically he matched to UT Galveston.
The ice cream incident was related to us finding out about Galveston because we were hoping for UT Houston, but not because I was so distraught that we were going to Galveston. Ya know when you've been waiting and waiting to find out this big thing that will effect the next four years of your life? It kind of hits you hard in the gut when you finally find out. I think it was the shock of finally knowing.
I'm starting to get excited about living there:
-It's an island, so I'll get to go to the beach all the time. How much fun will that be with our little girl!
-Kirk would be close to campus, which he is sooo excited about. He can probably bike to school every day.
-Because Kirk will be close to campus, he'll be able to come home a lot more for meals or just to play once in a while. (I'm not unrealistic. I know he'll be on campus tons, but this way he'll at least be able to come home more).
-There's tons of outdoors stuff to do. Surfing, biking, kayaking, etc. etc.
-We'll still be close enough to family members in Houston that we'll be able to visit them often, but far away enough that we'll be able to do our own thing.
**It's in TEXAS!!
3 comments:
Wow, Med school! Congrats to you and Kirk. That's a huge accomplishment ;)
Yay for the Hills! i can't tell you how excited I am for you. not that i won't miss you like crazy (hey wait i'm in california i already miss you) but i'm so glad you guys know what you want to do. it definitely helps. maybe i'll come visit you, we can go to the beach.
I think you'll have SO much fun there. It was a much cuter town that I remembered. I'm so excited for you guys and for him to bike to school and come home often and have play groups on the beach!
Post a Comment