Friday, June 5, 2009

Cloudy Head = Rachel Has to Ride Her Bike to Work


So I've had a cold for a couple of days now. Not major enough to keep me from work, but enough to give me body aches, sore throat, and to make me go through lots and lots of tissues.

I only live nine blocks away from my work, so I usually go home for lunch. I did the usual: watched Gilmore Girls while I ate lunch, checked my email, etc. Then when I'm ready to go back to work, I grab my purse, lock the door from the inside, shut that door, and think...
are my keys still in the house?

Sure enough, I had left them inside. I was completely locked out, and with no keys I definitely couldn't drive myself to work.

I'm just grateful that a) I have a bike, and b) it was casual Friday, so I was wearing jeans. It was really awkward balancing my purse on my shoulder while riding my bike (Kirk later told me I should have hung it on the handle bars...something I didn't think about at the time), but I was only 10 minutes late to work. Not bad!

I'm going to focus really hard on getting lots of rest this weekend, so there is no more fuzzy-headed Rachel. :)

1 comment:

Carol Winegar said...

I hope you feel better.