Monday, February 2, 2009

Poor Kitty

So I've gotten a bit attached to my kitty, I'll admit it. It's nice to have a little furry creature follow me from room to room. So this is why I'm really sad that I have to take her in to the vet tomorrow to get surgery. :( 

Arwen is a very, very active cat. In some ways, Kirk and I see her more as a dog than a cat because she is very attentive, is always waiting at the door for us to get home, and runs around like . . . well, dogs generally do. I have a feeling that this is why she got her hernia. When I took her in for her first check-up, the vet said that it was very unusual for a cat to have a hernia. Generally only dogs do.

So, I have to take my kitty in and LEAVE HER there over night for her surgery. When I heard the vet say that I was so sad!! I know, I know. I am a bit pathetic. But Arwen is my little companion while Kirk isn't home. 

Keep Arwen in your prayers, friends. 

4 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

so what is the surgery for? dang, how much is that? i just can't do pets. sorry you are suffering without the cute little feline.

Rachel said...

She is getting a hernia removed. When the doctor fixed her at the shelter, he accidentally sewed up a little ball of fat or something--so she has this lump on her belly. It's not life threatening and she's not in pain, but it could potentially lead to something down the road. Thanks for the support!!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh!!! I'm sure she'll be fine. :) I'll be thinking of you two. :)

Rachel said...

Thanks so much Emily. :)