Friday, March 29, 2013

New Orleans, aka "Where Tiana lives"

Here are some pics of our awesome New Orleans trip last weekend. Kirk had a little time off after taking his Step 1 exam, so we decided to take a drive down with the kids and Kirk's parents. It was great to see the house where Kirk lived from the ages of 1-7 (in Slidell), and to eat the YUMMY food in New Orleans. We also got to have lunch with my cousin Ben (who I hadn't seen in 7 years), but I forgot to take a picture!! And of course our cute little Nina was in New Orleans as well, but none of the pictures of her turned out.


Kirk and Me in front of Oak Alley 
St. Louis Cathedral & the statue of Andrew Jackson

Oak Alley

I loved that the azaleas were in bloom! They are in Houston right now as well, but they were absolutely gorgeous in New Orleans. 

Oak Alley 

Raelene at the Court of the Two Sisters. I love this picture of her!

Jackson Square street musicians 

Fountain at Court of the Two Sisters

Grandpa and Sydney :)

Aaaand this is where we start with the iphone pictures, since my camera died our first full day there. Of course! I think this pic is funny though, because you can see Kirk and my reflections in the mirror. 

Sydney wanted to use Mommy's eye mask at the hotel. 

Kirk in front of the house that he lived in in Slidell. Apparently his family designed and built the house! Kirk has a super strained grin here because he was uber paranoid that the owners of the house would come out. 

In front of the Mississippi River!

A nice jogger offered to take this picture of us. Look at all that fog on the river. Super awesome. 

Absolute favorite part of the Audobon zoo--the parakeet exhibit!! They made you pay 1.50 for a stick with a tiny bit of bird seed on it but it was so worth it. This is just one of the many pictures we took. 

Yes, Kirk ended up getting pooped on. 

I was jealous that the birds kept landing on Kirk. I finally got a bird to land on my arm. 





1 comment:

President and Sister Hill said...

Great Picts! We had a ton of fun with you guys. We ca't wait for our next adventure together! Norm31