Saturday, August 15, 2009

500 Days of Summer

joseph gordon-levitt is adorable, and so is zooey deschanel. i loved how this movie wasn't cliche too. i've already seen it twice and i am contemplating buying the soundtrack.

it made me think about fate. are we brought to people because we were meant to be with them, or is it just coincidence? i don't know if i believe that there is necessarily one person that is meant for you, but i feel that God does manage our lives in such a way that we will meet those people. then he lets us use our agency and pick the one we want.

i would say that this is true for most people. but not all.

i will say, at least for myself, i feel that the number of people i would be truly happy with is pretty small. i dated a lot before i married kirk, but the true and utter bliss (which of course, is mixed with the normal utter frustration) i feel with him is different. natural.

it's something i forced with other guys, but not with him.

and i kind of like that.


p.s. i am seeing how i like this no capitalization thing, jenna. i think i like it. you are my inspiration.

4 comments:

J & J said...

i know, right? no caps i the way to go. i throw all editing aside when it comes to my blog and friendly emails. mel would be so disappointed. i'm glad to see that you loved this movie because i have been obsessing over it since i first saw the trailer way back when. i still haven't seen it because i read someone's blog (whose taste i trust) that said it wasn't that great. i was SO disappointed. but you've restored my faith and i'm going to go see it by myself this week. for some reason i think i'll enjoy it more alone.. is that weird? LOVE ZOOEY.

Brittany said...

Hey I'm so glad you found me! Fun blog! Let me know how you like Northanger Abbey, I actually liked it a lot more than anyone I know but I didn't really like parts of the movie, maybe I just haven't seen the best version!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i totally want to see that! they better end up together, it looks too cute for then not to...do they? i love zooey, too.

fafner said...

I really liked that movie! I have a somewhat unhealthy crush on Joseph Gordon now...I think he lives around here somewhere...