Saturday, December 13, 2008

An addition to the family!

No, I'm not pregnant. But we did get an adorable little kitty at the Utah Humane Society.

Her name is Arwen, and she is mostly black, with white paws and a white belly. She is 11 months old, and we already love her!!

She is extremely playful (she has way too much energy), but she still cuddles with you too. I will post pics as soon as I can, but my camera doesn't work, and we can't find Kirk's.

She can also be really chill. I took her to the vet's on Friday, and she got 4 shots and she was soo good! She wiggled a little bit but not bad at all.

Funny story: So this afternoon, I walked into our back door and I see Kirk standing in the living room with his hands in the air, shouting "I am invincible, kitty!!" He didn't know I was home. Apparently he was really excited about a problem he had solved, and when I'm not home he STILL talks to the cat. :)

Yay for having a pet!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah that's too cute about Kirk. lol And I LOoOVE the name you two picked. :) She's so cute! I love that little video you sent me. :)

fafner said...

I refuse to accept this "camera is broken, can't find Kirk's camera" excuse. I think you owe your blog readers a faithful and lifelike drawing (preferably shaded with color pencils for added detail) of little Arwen. How's about it?

Rachel said...

Hahaha, only for you Susan. :)

Christina said...

*sigh* I thought your funny story was going to end at "I walked into our back door." That WOULD have been funny. I guess your version is funny too. Whatev.

Your kitty is cute, but I think that I still love my kitties the best. But don't worry, only the best by a little bit. I love all kitties!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I'm glad Kirk talks to the cat, thats cute! How did you come up with the name????